|Apply Here: https://t.co/rcEpUzVmAL
Sensity Systems, a subsidiary of Verizon, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Cloud Services Platform team. This individual will be a significant contributor to cloud development strategy and be responsible for end to end feature development.
Sensity is leveraging the global upgrade of 4 billion outdoor lights to LED to deploy an IoT sensor network and cloud-based application platform to improve public safety, deliver greater efficiency, and generally improve the lives of city-dwellers. Sensity has forged a leadership role in defining the standard for Smart City software platforms and has deployed the system with cities around the world. In this critical role, you will be part of a growing development organization and be responsible for defining and executing a plan to fulfill an ambitious product roadmap.
- Define and continually enhance Sensity’s cloud software development systems and programs
- Work closely with product management, hardware / embedded software engineering to develop platform capabilities
- Write application code following best practices for horizontally scalable and geo-distributed environment.
- Deliver code in a CI/CD and Agile team environment.
- Be a crafts(wo)man and encourage code craftsmanship across team.Lead and participate in code reviews to drive teams to the highest standards
- Provide architectural leadership in product development team.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
Skills & Ideal Experience:
Apply Here: https://t.co/rcEpUzVmAL
- Minimum 7-9 years engineering experience in cloud (SaaS) software environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Know, understand and are interested in distributed systems, scalability, operating systems, networking, automation
- Proven ability to define a clear vision and development plan that is challenging, but achievable and motivating to your team.
- Track record of exceptional personal results, routinely setting and meeting commitments that are a stretch for others.
- The drive for high-quality software development and the technology and knowledge that supports it.
- Experience working with software managing networked devices at large scale
- Deep experience in Agile development with ability to assess team and manager’s agile practices
- Experience in real-time, globally-distributed, high-volume data storage & exchange systems
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Cassandra, Neo4J, Spark, Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Map Reduce, SQL and No SQL database experience at scale
- MQTT, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, Server Sent Events