MapR seeks a savvy technologist to drive a wide range of marketing initiatives as part of the marketing team at MapR. The MapR Director, Solutions and Industry Marketing reports to the VP of Product Marketing and is responsible for outbound activities that target CIOs, enterprise architects, developers, and business analysts using big data. The role requires a passionate interest in exploring modern technologies – including but not limited to Big Data Analytics, NoSQL Databases, Pub/Sub Systems and fast-growing Apache open source technologies such as Apache Spark and Apache Drill - at both the business and technical levels. This position adds to a technically-oriented product and solution marketing team responsible for messaging, positioning, sales enablement, and key initiatives to deliver continued success for MapR customers.
- Drive strategic marketing plans and execution for all horizontal solutions and industry verticals that showcase the business value and technological advantages of MapR Converged Data Platform
- Research verticals, synthesize insights, and build evidence based qualitative and quantitative proof points to showcase MapR Converged Data Platform’s value to these verticals.
- Develop and document a vertical market strategy encompassing product strategy and marketing plan in close collaboration with the rest of the company
- Create and deliver industry specific contributions to sales training and collateral to yield increased sales productivity
- Work with field and product management teams to come up with appropriate positioning and the collateral supporting the communications for a wide range customer use cases.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional teams including product management, corporate marketing, engineering, and sales, as well as with customers and other external individuals who feed the MapR Community.
- Some travel required (up to 20%)
Skills and Background:
Apply Here: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3PfmqiwD
- Expert level experience with developing solutions and qualitative and quantitative vertical specific proof points
- Strong product marketing experience with a background in software development, technical presales, or application development experience; open source and/or enterprise software experience preferred
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and building relevant content around it.
- Experience with Big Data related technologies, including NoSQL; deep SQL/RDBMS, data warehouse, business intelligence (BI) and/or analytics experience highly desirable
- Experience as a technology evangelist or enthusiast, active in developer networks, meetups, and social media.
- Experience collaborating with virtual cross-functional teams
- Strong and friendly communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under tight deadlines and get the most from limited resources
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or field/work experience relevant for this position; graduate degree is a strong plus
- Relevant work experience in pre-sales engineering, software development, sales, or product marketing/management highly desired.