Senior Software Engineer - Java Server Platform
MapR is the top ranked provider of trusted Hadoop, NoSQL and SQL-on-Hadoop offerings by combining the best-of-breed open-source technologies with MapR’s enterprise-grade Converged Data Platform. Customers use MapR platform for storing, managing and processing petabytes of data on thousands of nodes.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver the industry’s best Big Data cluster administration platform for installation, administration and monitoring
- Use distributed technologies and open-source products for managing large clusters
- Develop strong APIs for partners and customers using the latest Java REST technologies
What you'll get in return:
- Work with an extremely talented team in a fast-paced environment
- Learn about large scale big data platforms and open source technologies
- Develop at a late-stage, pre-IPO startup in a high-growth market
Relevant skills & experience:
- Demonstrated success in Enterprise grade applications
- Passionate about wowing the customer
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About MapR Technologies:
- Strong Java or Scala HATEOAS REST server experience
- Solid understanding of modern server and UI design interactions
- Familiarity with Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Distributed systems, grid/cluster administration, strong algorithmic design and debugging skills
- Experience with security technologies, standards and best practices a significant plus
At MapR, we provide the industry's only converged data platform that integrates the power of Hadoop and Spark with global event streaming, real-time database capabilities, and enterprise storage, enabling customers to harness the enormous power of their data. In other words, we provide game-changing technology that’s redefining enterprise computing. Don’t just be part of the big data community—join MapR and help drive it!
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.