APPLY HERE: http://app.jobvite.com/m?3wj2ikwY
Project Manager is responsible for tracking the timely delivery of Professional Services in a variety of complex big data projects. Typical activities include creating detailed project artifacts in alignment with MapR and our clients' project management methodologies and providing ongoing communication and leadership from inception to close.
Assist with the development of project plans for MapR Professional Service engagements. Then manage assigned projects from end-to-end, including oversight and tracking of timelines, resources, budgets, risks, and deliverables. Flexibility is needed to intermesh with customer project management requirements along with a broad spectrum of Waterfall and Agile models. Ability to improvise with spreadsheets, or track directly in Project Management software may be needed.
- Ensure that all project deliveries, milestones, and gates are on-time, within the scope and within budget.
- Provide regular reporting on project activities, progress against timeline or plan, and budget.
- Work with delivery team to establish clear and achievable deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of the project.
- Assist with creating and monitoring adherence to project management standards for issue and risk management and project status communication
- Determine key stakeholders and determine appropriate communication plan based on project need and stakeholder requests; develop and communicate project details regarding cost, scope, quality to all impacted areas (i.e., internal, partners and customers).
- Identify business risks resulting from project work and escalate to appropriate leadership, providing additional information so the impact of alternatives is understood
- Consult with technical and business SME’s to determine a resolution to business issues that impact project scope, cost, and quality
- Anticipate issues and develop preventative measures
About MapR Technologies, Inc.:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; technical aptitude preferred (big data and/or PMP certification a plus)
- 3 plus years of project management experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong time and project management skills, Agile methodology experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, organized and time-line driven
- Ability to work with technical teams, and also cross-functionally
- Flexible and able to adapt to different situations and audiences
MapR Technologies, a provider of the industry's next generation data platform for AI and Analytics, enables enterprises to inject analytics into their business processes to increase revenue, reduce costs, and mitigate risks. MapR addresses the data complexities of high-scale and mission-critical distributed processing from the cloud to the edge, IoT analytics, and container persistence. Global 2000 enterprises trust the MapR Data Platform to help them solve their most complex AI and analytics challenges. Amazon, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, SAP, and other leading businesses are all part of the MapR ecosystem. For more information, visit mapr.com.
MapR Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.