Hazelcast, San Mateo, CA
We deliver the System of Now™, an in-memory computing platform that empowers Global 2000 enterprises to deliver innovative, low-latency, data-centric applications. Built for ultra-fast processing at an extreme scale, our cloud-native in-memory data grid and event stream processing technologies are trusted by leading companies such as J.P. Morgan Chase, Charter Communications, Ellie Mae, UBS, and National Australia Bank to accelerate business-critical applications.
We're far from the typical Silicon Valley startup story. Even though we're headquartered in San Mateo, CA, our origins trace back to Turkey, where a majority of our engineering team resides. Nowadays, we've become a highly distributed family of 130+ employees across the globe. In a way, you can say we are proponents of Conway's Law
since our culture mirrors that of the distributed products we develop.
What You'll Do
As the head of digital and content marketing, you will develop and execute our strategy to increase awareness of Hazelcast at the top of the funnel and drive engagement throughout the buyer’s journey including product trials. You will be the unifier of our voice across digital channels, educating users on the value of in-memory computing and how to get started with and do more with Hazelcast. You’ll manage all things digital: SEO, SEM, social media, landing pages (including testing and optimization), content syndication, and all the associated reporting and analytics. This includes aligning internal resources and external vendors and evolving those roles as appropriate.
You’ll be able to build on:
- A thriving developer community
- A Who’s Who list of customers and users from the Fortune 500 and Global 2000
- A white-hot market (stream processing, in-memory computing)
- A buzzing company (we recently announced a $21M Series C from C5 Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, Earlybird Venture Capital, and Capital One Growth Ventures)
We're not looking for a one-trick pony. We are looking for someone who understands developer marketing in a SaaS delivery model, how to build content around hot technology, how to turn technology features into business value, and how to reach the people who control the budget while building champion stakeholders around the table. Ideally, this is someone who has managed large spends and has helped brands speak across developers, technologists,
and business buyers. Not only can you reach these diverse groups in the channels they work, but you can also get your hands dirty harvesting and curating the content to engage and educate them best.
The role requires a strong digital background and frequent collaboration with our customer advocacy lead, product, solutions and demand generation teams (which is a given since you’ll be a part of the awesome marketing team), sales, product and customer success teams, and external vendors.
What We're Seeking
This is a new role and function for the company, so we need your experience building successful content marketing programs, primarily across digital channels, as well as a passion for leveraging best practices to create something special with the canvas being presented to you.
In addition to your B2B content marketing experience, our ideal teammate will have a strong aptitude for repurposing content to support our campaigns, sales, and partner channels. This includes leveraging blogs, case studies, videos, webinars, speaking engagements and more beyond their original channels.
Much like our technology, the future belongs to the fast. As part of our marketing team - and reporting to the CMO - you will have the autonomy to drive your program as part of a fast-paced team.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Craft and implement effective content marketing strategies to drive and engage qualified leads
- Lead our digital marketing team, SEO agency, paid search, social media agency, freelance writers, and other creative freelancers/agencies
- Collaborate with leadership to identify thought-leadership topics to own, develop the strategy to get there, and create the required content to engage our audiences around these topics
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop and manage the content roadmap across all channels with flawless execution of marketing campaigns
- Develop content and drive production in all formats including blogs, paid media partnerships, email, thought leadership white papers, micro sites, social media, etc.
- Work with design, web development, video production, and other resources to produce what is needed. Manage the copywriting company-wide.
- Identify third-party sites, learning platforms, communities, press, etc. to engage our target market via contextually relevant content integrations.
- Customer acquisition via content distribution
- 5+ years in B2B content marketing in a SaaS or cloud-first business with an emphasis on digital content and channels
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Ability to operate autonomously and stay ahead of content needs
- A track record of measuring the success of campaigns, amplifying what’s working, and testing to improve for growth
- Ability to manage multiple internal projects alongside multiple external projects and vendors
- Ability to navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully
- Comfortable working with remote teammates
This position can be located at our HQ in San Mateo, CA, or remote within the United States, with a preference for the Pacific time zone. If remote, you will be expected to visit headquarters once a quarter/year for strategy and planning sessions as well as team-building events.