As a Software Engineer in Hazelcast's Support department, you will work with Software Engineers and Operations staff at leading organizations, both small and large, around the globe. You are someone with a software engineering background that is looking for a new challenge. You have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting. You will be investigating complex issues that may never have been seen before. Digging into source code or evaluating a network stack to understand how things work, or why they don't, sounds fun to you.
Above all, you are an enthusiastic team player who can communicate well, and is eager to learn and help others.
We are specifically looking for people who live in Australia. This is a remote position. No matter where you work, you'll have opportunities to travel, meet, and work with some of the brightest minds in cloud and distributed computing.
- Become an expert on our products
- Work directly with customers and the community to diagnose development & operational issues
- Research, identify, reproduce and document bugs
- Think outside your role to improve our company and products
- Write blog posts, speak at user groups/conferences, help with benchmarks, and other project work
Skills & Requirements:
- Java core, multithreading/concurrency, and network programming
- Be able to troubleshoot and tune for performance (e.g. TCP/IP, Multicast, JVM Garbage Collection)
- Enjoy helping people
- Handle stressful situations with grace
- Communicate complex ideas with simplicity and clarity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
As part of the interview process we will discuss:
- Distributed systems and scalability
- Network protocols
- How NoSQL systems work
- Troubleshooting in general and specifically JVM tooling (profilers, etc.)
- Experience with Hazelcast
- Experience with cloud deployment (Amazon, Azure, Google, etc)
- Experience in Windows and/or *NIX system administration
- Experience with large production deployments
- Experience with VM and containerization technologies
- Experience with distributed caching, scalability and high availability systems
- Involvement with other Open Source projects
- Experience with data-storage (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, “big-data”)
Latency is the new downtime and the success of an enterprise is now measured in microseconds. Systems of record are no longer capable of keeping up with time-sensitive applications. The world’s largest companies require a System of Now, an in-memory computing platform that delivers low-latency performance at extreme scale to power the next generation of data-centric applications.
If you like challenges and want to impact the future of business, Hazelcast is hiring.
A great career opportunity awaits.