Hazelcast Cloud is an enterprise-grade in-memory computing platform and managed by the Hazelcast Site Reliability Engineering team supported on the big 3 (AWS, GCP, and Azure) cloud providers. The service is powered by Hazelcast IMDG Enterprise HD and leverages widely adopted technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, to provide dynamic orchestration and containerization. Hazelcast Cloud supports applications developed in some of the most common languages, including Java, Node.js, Python, Go, and .NET.
Hazelcast SRE team is seeking a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help with the transformation of the enterprise product to a managed solution. This individual must be self-motivated and comfortable working remotely as part of our global team. As part of the SRE team, you will be responsible for different tasks from the traditional roles of support and automation to defining the upgrade strategies or working closely with other engineering teams as a cloud subject matter expert in defining the transformation of the solution to the cloud.
This specific role is for people in Europe only and fluent in English.
- Keeping Hazelcast cloud-based production systems running smoothly 24/7/365
- On-call rotation to respond to availability incidents and work with support engineers on customer incidents
- Manage our infrastructure with Terraform and Kubernetes
- Manage build/release of Dev, Test, Production environments
- Work closely with software developers to deploy and operate our systems
- Help automate and streamline our operations and software delivery processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations
- 5 years+ experience in Cloud Infrastructure and Operations domains
- Experience working in a multi-cloud environment - Azure, GCP, and AWS
- Experience with setup, configuration, and usage of monitoring, distributed logging, and metrics to spot problems (Prometheus, Grafana, Filebeat, Logstash)
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker is a must
- Experience with at least one programming languages, preferably Golang, Java or Python
- Dependable and good team player
- Must have a good understanding of cloud networking patterns
- Must have a good knowledge of HA architectures
- Desire to learn and work with new technologies
- Love automation
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have:
- Experience with build tools (Gradle, Maven) and build systems (Jenkins, Hudson)
- Experience with test automation frameworks
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Chef
- Background/experience working with distributed systems, NoSQL, big data
Latency is the new downtime and the success of an enterprise is now measured in microseconds. Systems of record are no longer capable of keeping up with time-sensitive applications. The world’s largest companies require a System of Now, an in-memory computing platform that delivers low-latency performance at extreme scale to power the next generation of data-centric applications.
If you like challenges and want to impact the future of business, Hazelcast is hiring. Connect with us at email@example.com
A great career opportunity awaits.