APPLY HERE: https://jsco.re/6rl9v
About the Company
Job Description: We’re hiring a Corporate Controller to join our team in Palo Alto, California! Reporting directly to the VP for Accounting, the Corporate Controller will lead the financial reporting and close process of MMC group of companies. In addition, the Corporate Controller will also be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. If you have a strong background in corporate accounting and a strong desire to become part of a dynamic team, you may be the perfect person to fill this position.
To succeed in this role, the Corporate Controller must provide leadership and be one who manages, motivates and create a positive work environment for the accounting team. The Corporate Controller should have a clear understanding of GAAP and be able to articulate the technical accounting and compliance aspects alongside the Controller. This position is also responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and analysis, technical accounting research, compliance and year-end audit preparation. The Corporate Controller also supports the budget and forecast activities.
A great opportunity to those who would like to utilize and develop their existing skills. This role offers growth opportunities and provides vast experience in the corporate entity of a highly successful and dynamic real estate organization in the bay area. You will have a huge amount of ownership over your work and working alongside a strong accounting management team. We’re in a great location - near Caltrain with good restaurants and shops within walking distance.
- Lead the accounting team with 3 accounting managers as direct reports and 8 staffs.
- Mentor and guide managers and staff in interactions with subsidiary management teams
- Mentor and guide managers in taking on more significant roles and responsibilities as they further develop their accounting and managerial skills
- Handle personnel issues with professionalism and high integrity
- Manage and review monthly, quarterly and year end close and management reporting packages for the corporate entity and its subsidiaries. Review reporting packages which includes income statement, balance sheet, cash flow, actual / budget variance analysis, financial statement analysis and commentaries.
- Ability to research, document and participate in resolution of accounting issues that arise from complex real estate transactions in accordance with US GAAP.
- Understand the recording of transactions into the general ledger across various businesses in order to prepare monthly/quarterly consolidated reporting packages.
- Work with FP&A and tax departments on various collaborative projects, including assisting in the development of company business plans and forecasts, and preparing schedules and other information for the purpose of preparing tax returns for operating entities.
- Document procedures and streamline processes when possible.
- Identify internal control weakness and provide recommendations.
- Look for opportunities to improve / streamline processes where possible
- Lead annual audit process, including schedule preparation and work allocation (preparation and review) to various managers and staff in the department
- Collaborate with business process owners and team members to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Other projects as the need arises.
- The ideal candidate MUST BE a hands-on leader.
- Team leader - Enthusiastic, pro-active, poised and patient; ability to listen, teach and lead
- Supervise and mentor managers and staff, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Problem solving with a proven ability in creative thinking and issue resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Thorough, detailed oriented, with big picture mindset.
- ERP knowledge preferred (SAP).
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, array formulas, macros, etc) required.
- Multi-level consolidation, financial statements preparation and analysis, ad hoc reporting to support management decision making.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting knowledge and experience in writing technical accounting memorandums.
- Previous interaction with external auditors
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
Qualifications & Education:
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred, along with time spent in industry (real estate experience preferred)
- Corporate accounting background.
- BA/BS degree and CPA required.
- 7-10 years of accounting experience, including supervisory experience
APPLY HERE: https://jsco.re/6rl9v