APPLY HERE: https://tinyurl.com/hazelcastFPA
Hazelcast provides an in-memory computing platform that empowers Global 2000 enterprises to deliver innovative, low-latency, data-centric applications. Built for ultra-fast processing at an extreme scale, the platform can be deployed on-premise or consumed as a Cloud Service. Our cloud-native in-memory data grid and event stream processing technologies are trusted by leading companies such as J.P. Morgan Chase, Charter Communications, Apple, Ellie Mae, UBS, and National Australia Bank to accelerate business-critical applications.
We're far from the typical Silicon Valley startup story. Even though we're headquartered in San Mateo, CA, our origins trace back to Turkey, where a majority of our engineering team resides. Nowadays, we've become a highly distributed global family of 120+ employees. We are supported by a global cast of VC’s across the U.S., U.K. and Europe, including Bain Capital, C5 Capital and Earlybird ventures.
Background to the Role
Hazelcast has an established global finance function with experienced leadership based in San Mateo, CA, and support staff and professional advisors based in Turkey and the U.K. to provide local processing and jurisdiction expertise outside of the U.S.
We are seeking a U.S.-based Strategic Finance Associate who will report directly to the CFO, who is based in San Mateo. This is a replacement hire to both fit into the existing role and responsibilities, as well as to be part of a team whose responsibilities are increasing as the Company is experiencing continued growth.
Overview of the FP&A Role
- Build and maintain short-term and long-term P&L forecasts
- Help lead annual budgeting and planning projects
- Serve as Hazelcast’s internal financial consultant, tackling ad hoc requests with an analytical approach to problem solving and a financial perspective
- Partner with the SalesOps team to help expand sales metrics and trend analysis
- Support the CEO and Board with investor reporting and special projects
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related experience
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, in some combination of investment banking, management consulting, or other financial advisory/accounting firms working with technology businesses, and/or in a software business
- Proven track record conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analyses and delivering actionable recommendations to executive-level stakeholders
- Mastery of Excel, with experience building robust, flexible financial models and detailed analytics. Experience with Adaptive Insights a plus
- Experience in translating large datasets into digestible insights using clear communication & presentation skills, tailored to stakeholder needs
- Strong attention to detail without sacrificing timeliness
- Basic understanding of accounting principles, especially related to revenue
- A passion for problem-solving and comfort with ambiguity
- Solid understanding of software businesses and the underlying accounting methodologies for subscription-based license models
- Experience with cloud accounting software applications, a plus
- Experience with Salesforce, preferred, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Friendly, team-oriented culture
- Remote/flexible working
- Competitive market salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Stock option plan participation
- Location Flexibility, Related to COVID-19
The COVID-19 related work-from-home requirements have not been an impediment to the teams’ operation. In fact, the past investment in Cloud apps and the Company’s firmly established distributed culture has formed the foundation of this ‘new normal’ operational mode. The day-to-day operations and monthly reporting cycles of the Finance Function are therefore operating smoothly.
Location is therefore not an issue as all responsibilities can be performed remotely and there will be no mandated requirement to visit an office. However, when Shelter-In-Place regulations are lifted, and if office visits are viewed as desirable, the HQ office location is in San Mateo, CA.
APPLY HERE: https://hazelcast.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=31&source=aWQ9NA%3D%3D