APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/d2276de61us
We are seeking an Associate Director to own & scale our data platform which includes our BI tools, analytics data pipelines, workflow management, and data tools for scaling the analytics team. This is a highly collaborative leadership role rooted in product mindset for building data applications. You will be part of the data team and will be leading a high-performing team of BI and analytics engineers. You will have a unique opportunity to advance our multiple BI tools, further develop scalable analytics workflow solutions, build custom data applications to solve challenging data problems to scale analytics team productivity, lead various data integrations across all business functions to our BI tools, and positively impact business decisions at the largest social marketplace
The ideal candidate must have owned a data platform in a large-scale Big data environment and led a team of analytics engineers and BI analysts. You will bring passion for using technology to create efficiencies, and solve complex data problems at scale. You love talking with analysts, developers, engineers, business owners and executives, and can translate business requirements, pain points into data products and solutions.
Associate Director, Data Platform Management
- Build, maintain and innovate our data platforms providing access to business reporting to executives, business leaders, and 500+ users and key data tools to the analytics team.
- Drive design, development, productization and execution of a range of data and reporting solutions.
- Optimize processes and bring the right tools to help the team operate efficiently - project management, code management, data quality and communicate timely and effectively.
- Provide guidance, day-to-day management and review to the team on short and long term projects.
- Support team growth. Become an advocate for the team, promote a culture of excellence, data driven discussions, healthy skepticism, knowledge sharing, expanding team’s skill set, teamwork and fun.
- Develop and implement data platform vision and roadmap in partnership with broader data and business teams.
- Responsible for timely delivery of high quality and reliable reporting and data solutions.
- Build strong relationships with cross functional stakeholders and build/update data solutions to support stakeholder and project objectives. Engage in proactive discussions translate business requirements, pain points into data products and solutions
- Develop strong understanding of Poshmark business and core KPIs.
- Manage relationships with vendors and negotiate contracts.
- Lead, hire, manage and mentor a team of BI analysts and analytics engineers.
- Present in external conferences, publish innovative work and write blog posts.
- Become SME for our data model, BI Models framework and analytics tools (Looker, data catalogs, curated sharing platforms, etc.)
- Scale existing data platform and custom reporting solutions to be reliable and more performant.
- Build trusted relationships with direct reports, develop and implement growth plans.
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and data teams.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Create a vision for scaling Poshmark data platform and start execution on P0 initiatives. Take full ownership of longer term vision for this function.
- Create efficiencies for the data team by conceptualizing and driving development of a portfolio of data and reporting tools, eg. data catalog, Airflow, analytics sandbox.
- Become a trusted data thought partner with stakeholders and analysts.
- Further strengthen and build out the team.
- 12+ years of experience in data product management, business intelligence and data management with 5+ years of people management experience and progressively bigger scope and responsibility
- Experience in conceptualizing, building and managing data products ranging from business intelligence to reporting frameworks to workflow management.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to translate end-user requirements into the data product concept with scaling mindset
- Should have owned BI platform/reporting and led a team of platform analysts and data engineers.
- Exposure working with Big data in high data volume sectors
- Experience in creating analytics workflows using Airflow, dBT etc.
- Great attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with testing ETLs and knowledge of different Data technology stacks is a huge plus
- Excellent critical thinking, project management, troubleshooting and analytical problem solving abilities.
- Hands-on experience with workflow management tools such as Jira, Asana.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent degree. Degree in a quantitative data related field, computer science/data engineering is a huge plus.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and soon India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
APPLY HERE: https://grnh.se/d2276de61us